Monday, April 7, 2014

General Conference Week

ooooh boy!

This week was tiring! As I write this I’m already yawning. It feels good to be tired, because I know when I’m tired, I’ve been working. I hope you guys enjoyed General Conference as much as I did. Honestly, it was the first time I really enjoyed General Conference. I would love it for all you guys to listen to the sessions, because I listened to all of them. I more liked the sessions from Saturday. Sadly, the transcripts aren’t on the internet yet, so I don’t remember who said it, but an apostle said that families should have copies of preach my gospel and learn what it says, because how great would it be if the parents knew what their sons and daughters are teaching, and that it would be a help in sharing the gospel. I would actually recommend everyone read preach my gospel, because it truly talks of all the things we need to do as missionaries. It would be great if everyone read the sections that aren’t about teaching lessons as well. Chapters 4, 5, and 6 probably apply most to non-missionaries. You guys can start there.

Anyways, this week consisted of general conference, a lot of walking, and a lot of work. But I feel good. 

About the transfers, they are on the 14 of April. Most likely I stay in the area as a junior comp, Elder Lopez goes and I get a new comp. Less likely, but still possible, is that Lopez stays and becomes district leader, or he goes as district leader somewhere else and I stay. There is also the even less likely chance that I train a new guy. Who knows. 

As for your rough week, I’ll quote something that Thomas S. Monson says a lot: “Oh, things'll work out.”

But yeah, how are you guys?

My mission is Ah-Maze-ing.

Where is my patriarchal blessing?  Nope. I dunno. I recommend turning the room upside down.

Also, Prayer.

Maybe this scripture will help:
Mosiah 27: 14 And again, the angel said: Behold, the Lord hath aheard the prayers of his people, and also the bprayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has cprayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to the dknowledge of the truth; therefore, for this purpose have I come to econvince thee of the power and authority of God, that the fprayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith.

Or maybe THIS song?  I'm just a missionary though.  What do I know?

Another thing, YEAH I did get Lisa’s package. ALL that candy though! Tell Lisa thanks! Also I received two letters from the Loraine’s. The money was also appreciated. 

But yeah, do you guys want me to gain weight because I ate like almost all of that?!  Saved the chocolate bunny for last. I shared the cookies with the zone though, they really appreciated that.

What do I want for my birthday next month?

...i dunno. Pesos are cool. Chocolate is cool. Shoe soles would be cool. My feet are hard as rocks now, but man my shoes are worn.

I love you! I gotta go get my hair cut now!


No comments:

Post a Comment