Monday, March 31, 2014

Actually answering letters!

All right. Now I have got some time.

This week was...well...interesting. We had 6 investigators at the church last week, so that was really exciting for both of us. The first part of the week progressed really rapidly. We walked a lot, had some appointments, smooth sailing. What happened is, well, I got sick. And not like "oh now, I have a cold" more like I have a migraine and everywhere hurts. So we didn’t work Thursday. The next day I wasn’t feeling much better. The migraine had been reduced to a really bad headache, and I had a real bad sore throat. But the maximum time for rest in the mission is one day. So we went to work. We didn’t get a lot done. The day after I realized that I had the flu. Or as they call it here "gripa," so that stunk. But now, as of today, I feel a lot better.

Now for the fun stuff. Soccer is fun. I really like being goalkeeper. apparently there is a German soccer player named Schuhmacher (or something akin to that) and he a goalkeeper too, that’s funny. We play every Monday with my district.

Cactus is all right. I’ts a Little rubbery, and not very savory, but hey they say its good for your stomach so ill eat it. They are called nopales, I think. As food goes, we eat...like really well. The hamburgers here are actually better than the ones I’ve had ever. And the food is just amazing. I’ve also tried some weird stuff, mainly in the form of taco. Like brain, tripe, leg, cactus. I don’t really like brain, but oh my gosh tripe is like the best thing ever. Leg is just normal meat.

Also concerning companions, we have ...uh...I don’t know what it is in English, but they are called cambios, which means changes. On 14 of April I may be moved with another Elder. It’s bitter sweet. It’s cool to meet someone new, but dang, I’m going to miss Elder Lopez. There is a chance that I stay with him for another cambio but who knows.

and now time for *gasp* answers to letters.

L:

Hey L! Things are fine. I’m glad you guys are praying for me! I heard that for career day you wanted to be a missionary? That’s awesome! I can tell you that going on a mission will only make you a better person. and yes I kinda do like that cactus.
Love, Elder Brother

B:

Maybe Ill carry the cake face smashing tradition home, and try it out on yooouuu. Sorry but I don’t got no pics this time. I’ll try to take some next week. Don’t you worry! And yes soccer is the funs.

J:

ILL WRITE HOW MUCH I CAN AIGHT

..,but yeah I hear Kevin loves supernatural so you can talk and fanboy with him if you want. Also being social? Going to things and talking to people? Man I don’t even know you anymore. Also, I know school is hard, but try your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment