Thursday, December 19, 2013

First letter from the MTC!

Hey Mom! So I got a lot to say, and an hour to say it. So heeerreee we go!

1. I sent you a letter. Thought you would've gotten it by now, but I guess not. I'm only allowed to send email on p-day, which is today, a Thursday. So yeah, that’s when I can send emails. 

2. So some bad news. I can't call you while I'm at the MTC on Christmas. It’s because we don't have the facilities to do that? I don’t know. It’s stupid, I know, but we can still email and send letters.

3. How I'm doing. I am doing just amazingly. Right as I left, I got a shiny new badge and a bunch of other stuff. The Spanish is going phenomenally. I've learned more Spanish in a week than I have in three years. And I speak it all the time. I’m happy, I’m healthy, and I got some great companions. I have two, surprisingly. We are a trio. Trios aren’t that common, but someone in our district didn’t show up on arrival day, so I have two. It’s awesome. Plus there are two other guys in my district that are just as awesome. Annnnyways, I’ll talk about them a bit. First there is Elder N. He is from Texas. Before he came to the MTC, he went to BYU Idaho. He's told me a lot about the place. He's blonde, a little short, and has hearing problems, so he uses hearing aids. He's real awesome. My other companion is Elder B. He’s from Utah. He's really tall, and the funniest guy here. He also has a missing tooth, and wears a fake one. So yeah, those are my companions. They are awesome. Then there is the two other elders in my district, Elder H and Elder D. They are also just as awesome. Elder H is from California, but from San Diego I think. He's a real fitness buff, but he’s also really cool and a nice guy. Elder D is from Utah as well, and he is probably the most sophisticated among us, and he is pretty smart. All in all, we love each other already, and its awesome. Another thing is that I have already been assigned to a leadership position. Crazy, huh? I’m the District Leader. The order of grouping goes District, Zone, Branch. I’m the leader of the five guys in my district; which is small, but amazing nonetheless. There are two districts in our zone, and the other district is great. The Zone Leaders are also awesome. Honestly, I couldn’t ask to be in a better position than I am now. And we have we have the best branch presidency. I love all of them. They are awesome. 

4. I love you! I need the emails of my friends though, because I don’t remember most of them. Hope you get this, because that’s all I got. 

Forever lovin ya,
ELDER Schuhmacher


P.P.S. Btw, is one of those presents a camera? Because I would very much be liking to use that now. Also tell everybody I love them, and that I’m doing everything I can to be the best that I can be. Love ya!

2 comments:

  1. Stephen was in the MTC for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Everything is done to make them the very most special days of the whole year it was hard to not get the phone call but It was wonderful afterwards to hear which of the Quorum of the Twelve came to speak and what all of the special events were that the MTC hosted for these missionaries on Christmas. He wull be budy and filled with the Spirit!! My son's favorite Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Sounds like he is doing great and will be a phenomenal missionary

    ReplyDelete