Monday, January 27, 2014

First full week in Mexico!

Hey everyone! How's it going?

Things in Mexico are pretty alright! I am learning more and more Spanish everyday; I’m practically fluent now! I’m also going to teach an English class too! So yeah, things are turning out cool. I can see that Hermana Call already sent you some emails of us. Yeah, we got a pretty sick house. But it probably wont last too long, I have already seen another missionary home that was probably the ugliest house I’ve ever seen. But it doesn’t bother me. The food and the weather and the people make up for any living condition. To explain my area a little bit, it’s not very hilly. There are lots of buildings, a bit run down. There are trees. We mainly shop at Wal-Mart, its the only place you can buy anything really. My area is all urban. Roads, roads, roads. It’s pretty dry here, and the architecture is probably best described as "so THATS how many houses you can fit into a street.”

We have a pretty nice ward. Crazy thing, we entered the chapel on Wednesday and there was an attempted robbery! Windows were broken, doorknobs broken off, it was a sight. The window at the top of the secretary’s room was broken, but there were iron bars blocking the robber from entering.

The bishop is a cool guy. We always have food, because every day there is a member feeding us, and there are almost always leftovers for breakfast the next morning. So yeah, I have to be careful how much I eat here. Life is good.

We wake up, and get ready till 8am. Then we study for 4 hours. Language, scripture study, teaching study, all that good stuff. Then we leave the apartment and go to our appointments, and we have a lot of appointments. Mainly though, they are with less active or inactive members. They are all so nice, and all of them try to feed us. The area that I live in is called Santa Elena, and the ward we work in is called Joyas. My companion is from México. I forget which part. He’s great, and a real humble guy.  I love him.  Surprisingly, I eat spicier than him. Also I eat spicier than I thought. I visited a family last week and was completely fine, and the other people in the house were freaking out because it was so spicy. Elder Lopez doesn’t eat spicy, so the family declared that I was more Mexican than him. THAT was pretty funny. But yeah, the area is great; the work is great, I’m having the time of my life!

My favorite part of the day is when we step out of our house and start walking, it just feels awesome!

One of the scriptures that i have found that I really like is in Proverbs 4:25-26.

25 Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.
26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.
I love this, because every night we have a planning session for the next day. It’s pretty important that we do this part with the spirit, because its necessary to know what the Lord wants us to do.

I gotta go now, ill talk to you next week!


Love you!



No comments:

Post a Comment