Monday, February 3, 2014

2nd full week in Mexico!

Welp, here I am again. And THIS TIME I brought some pictures. Some. Mainly of our house, but whatever.  The reason I don’t have a lot of pictures is because we aren’t supposed to bring our cameras around. Ya know, because of the whole possibility of getting robbed thing. 

Anyways, it’s still awesome here. Still having a great time. My feet are killing me though. I got blisters and such. It hurts, and the moleskin stuff that you gave me doesn’t exactly work. We went to a person in the church that is a "doctor" (I didn’t buy into it too much,) and he treated me with...magnets? That was weird. Someone here obviously doesn’t know how magnets work, and I don’t think it’s me. Or maybe it is me. I don’t know. 

The food here is still awesome. We’ve eaten a lot of different things, and its all great. 

I’d like some things from you, by the way. 1. Duct tape. What is it for?  A better question might be, what isn’t it for.  2. Patriarchal blessing. 3. The talks you and Brother Wasden gave at the sacrament meeting. 4. Shoe insoles that might possibly not give me blisters. (I have them on the bottom of my toes.  It doesn’t feel good at all. I try to switch off with my shoes, but both have soles like tortillas. One pair does feel better than the other, I don’t know if there is an easy solution to this one.) 5. A little photo book of everything. Family, friends, everybody…I’d like some pictures. 

We are in a place that you can find on Google maps called Santa Elena, Cuautitlán, México


Yeah, we are busy. We’ve got 3 people we are going baptize this month, so that’s really cool. Also the water situation is a solid “probably don’t use it.” I use tap to brush my teeth, but I don’t swallow it, we don’t drink tap. Ever.  I haven’t received any letters. When I do, I’ll have to wait for Monday to go get them from the mission office. 

Well, one really cool thing this week was we had one investigator who had gone through ten missionaries and hadn’t agreed to be baptized. His wife is a member and he has been attending church for two years. He didn’t want to be baptized because his family's strong Catholics. My companion was a bit skeptical but I told him, “you just gotta have a positive attitude!” So we talked to him and I asked him if he would be baptized and he said yes. It was pretty awesome. That’s my big missionary lesson of the month: a positive attitude changes everything.

My companion is great. Actually, it almost seems as though we are the only missionaries in the area without problems. Lol

And you asked what did I eat today?  Today we didn’t have lunch. Well, I had an orange. This morning we got to go to a member’s house and eat zopes. They are pretty cool.


We take turns doing the dishes. And yeah, we go to the grocery every week, this week he was all like "what cereal do you want" and I said I didn’t care and then he said he didn’t care so I just said well I like Trix and then it was done.




  
Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment